Feng Shui Mistakes You Want to Avoid
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art that promotes the balance of energy to attain wealth, good health, and happiness. Many people strive to achieve proper Feng Shui in their homes, but unfortunately, there are certain mistakes that are commonly made, which actually reduce the balance inside their homes.
In order to achieve better results with Feng Shui, here are a few common mistakes that you should avoid:
- Do not put electronics or distracting items inside the bedroom. Your bedroom is meant for sleeping. If you have your computer or television inside the bedroom, it will distract make it harder to fully relax and unwind.
- Do not display sharp or pointy objects. This can ignite conflict or violence within the family. Keep all knives stored properly in your kitchen and away from view. Do the same with your scissors and gardening tools.
- Do not create any obstacle in front of your house entrance or any door. The space in front of your doors needs to be clear in order to welcome positive energy.
- Do not overuse one element inside the house. Create a balance of all the elements to achieve better Feng Shui. For instance, do not use too much wood or metal at home.
- Do not create a dark entrance, corner, or pathway inside the house. Dark areas exude negative energy and can even influence the mood and atmosphere. Brighten up these areas with proper lighting.
- Do not let dead plants stay inside the house. If your flowers die, throw them away and replace them with thriving ones. The same applies to leafy plants and vegetables.
-M. Germaine Parra
D.C. Area Realtor, Feng Shui Consultant
Licensed in DC, MD and VA
Long and Foster Realtors
6862 Elm Street Office, McLean, VA 22101