How to Live a Life with Less Stress
With so many activities going on each day, it is no wonder that we oftentimes feel mentally and emotionally exhausted and even physically tired. This can tend to make us worry, become grumpy, and have a weary persona that affects how we deal with others. T
Stress is, unfortunately, a common problem for most people, especially those who must maximize every minute of their day just to finish the things they need to do. For some people, it is rare that they have time to relax. Some people, on the other hand, are able to deal with it better because they view stress as a common part of life, so they are able to avoid some of the negative effects of stress and go on with their lives.
If you frequently dwell on stress and live your life feeling weary and exhausted, it can affect your health and relationships with others.
So, what you need to do is find ways to bust stress, so we can begin to enjoy life more. Here are a few tips:
- Get a massage. A gentle massage from time to time will do wonders to alleviate your stress. You can massage your shoulders, your head, and your arms if you feel tiredness or pain in those areas. If you can have your loved one give you a massage, that’s even better because you can completely relax.
- Find something new to do. Even if you are at work, you can find something else to do when you feel stress, such as talking to your co-worker about non-work related things or having a coffee break. Breaking the monotony and the pressure of what you are currently doing can help relieve stress and make the task more bearable when you return.
- Laugh. If you feel stress taking you over mentally or physically, find something to laugh about. Talk to a funny friend or read some jokes online. Laughing snaps you out of your current state and produces endorphins which naturally make you happier.
- Eat stress-relieving foods. There are actually foods that can help decrease your stress levels. Buy an orange or avocado outside and eat it as a snack during the day.
- Read something inspirational. Sometimes it helps to read something that re-centers you or reminds you of the power you have to overcome obstacles.
As long as you give yourself time to keep your mind off the pressures of your life and find something else to focus on, you can always bust stress anytime and anywhere.
-M. Germaine Parra
D.C. Area Realtor, Feng Shui Consultant
Licensed in DC, MD and VA
Long and Foster Realtors
6862 Elm Street Office, McLean, VA 22101