Increase Your Personal Happiness by Enhancing the Beauty of Your Home
Your personal happiness can be influenced by the look and feel of your home. So, having a cluttered, messy, or uninspired house can reduce your overall enthusiasm. You find yourself less relaxed and less motivated to work around the house. These negative feelings can spill over into conflicts, frustration, and more problems, which diminish your tendency toward happiness.
When it comes to home beautification and improvement, you should consider approaching it from a Feng Shui perspective. Feng Shui is the art of bringing balance to your surroundings with the intent of positively affecting your life. Most practitioners believe that proper Feng Shui can bring prosperity to your life through health, good relationships, career or business opportunities, and personal happiness.
If you integrate proper Feng Shui into your interior decorating, you can increase the positivity in your life. There are several ways to do this, and what you want to do is avoid clutter and negative energy and organize our home to promote positive energy. Here are a few tips:
- Take the time to clean your home and clear out clutter. Every morning when you’re getting ready to go to work, you may spend a lot of time throwing things around, looking for your car keys or your shoes or your purse. When you get home, a pile of mess lies on the floor to greet you at your doorway. This can automatically make you feel stressed and upset. Reduce the clutter in your house, so you’ll know where everything is, you can avoid losing things, and you’ll feel calm and happy inside your home.
- Let the sunlight and good air in. Install larger windows and open them to let fresh air and sunlight inside your home. These natural elements can help make your house look renewed, which will lift your spirits.
- Add natural elements for home beautification. Beautify your home with natural elements such as plants, flowers, and wood. These promote harmony, provide better air circulation, and encourage a lively and joyful atmosphere.
- Decorate with moving objects. Natural objects that move help increase the positive flow of energy in your home. Integrate these objects, such as water fountains or wind chimes, as adornments to your house
- Plan your colors well. Colors plays an important role in Feng Shui. When choosing the color for your room, consider the space carefully. For instance, warm colors are more appropriate for living rooms and dining rooms, while bright colors are best in kitchens. You can also create a relaxing bedroom with darker colors.
-M. Germaine Parra
D.C. Area Realtor, Feng Shui Consultant
Licensed in DC, MD and VA
Long and Foster Realtors
6862 Elm Street Office, McLean, VA 22101